Calling All Travelers!
Come explore the rich blessings of visiting among Friends –
Friends of all sorts, in all places, near and far – and
see how this ancient practice is evolving and gaining new vitality.
You are invited to the
Annual Travelers Retreat
sponsored by the Baltimore Yearly Meeting Intervisitation Program
(click here for a printer-ready flyer)
12:30 to 4:00 pm
(the day after Interim Meeting)
(10am worship with Adelphi followed by their potluck)
Who: All are welcome! including
- those who have traveled among Friends, inside or outside of the Yearly Meeting, including those who have traveled on behalf of Yearly Meeting committees;
- those who have simply visited Meetings or those who have traveled with a concern, shared a ministry, or offered workshops;
- those who think they might like to travel among Friends;
- members of clearness/support committees for travelers;
- those who have hosted or would like to host visitors; and
- other interested Friends.
At this retreat you will have an opportunity to:
- share your experiences and hear those of others in their travels among Friends;
- learn how intervisitation enriches us as individuals and as a Yearly Meeting;
- connect with the power of the “Ministry of Presence;”
- ask questions about the nuts and bolts of traveling and supporting a traveler;
- explore how this ministry connects with our Quaker faith and practice and how it is evolving in Baltimore Yearly Meeting; and
- see what new Light is emerging among Friends.
To register, use our contact form.